Friday, October 15, 2010

4 Months Old!


M is 4 whole months old. Lots of things have changed in the past 4 months. Lots have changed in the past year. In fact, it was a year ago that we were telling my family of our happy news! I still remember my mom saying "Oh I think you gave me the wrong card. This one says grandma on it". No mom, you got the right card! Thanksgiving this year was so much fun, especially for grandma who loves to hog the baby. Mommy doesn't mind at all. We went for a wonderful fall walk and took some pictures.


M is getting so big. He feels like he weighs a ton. He is still rolling back to belly and still hating when he ends up there. He started giggling a few weeks ago. He doesn't do it very often, but when he does it is so cute!

He did better with his shots this time. I think he knew what was coming because he started whimpering when we put him on the exam table. The screaming was sad, but as soon as I picked him up, he stopped and hugged his mommy. He slept for an hour after that! He was weighed on an empty stomach, so I contend he would have been a few ounces heavier had he been fed. But he is still a big boy. He weighed 16 lbs 10 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long. But again, I think the nurse isn't quite as accurate as she should be. She just flicked a pen mark on the paper, not paying attention to the angle of the pen and I think she cut off his height by at least 1/2 an inch. Either way, he is BIG! I know this because approximately half of the 6-7 month olds in his swimming lessons are SMALLER than him!

Mommy got a needle too. When the doctor asked how mommy was, I told him the truth. I am EXHAUSTED! Some days it's hard to get out of bed, and many days I'm afraid to take him for a walk in case I don't make it back. I try to eat well, but I'm sure I could eat better. It doesn't seem to help much. I have zero energy. I know having a baby at home full time is tiring, but this doesn't feel normal. It may have something to do with my SAD that is now coming on full force, or maybe my hemoglobin is low. So the doctor took some blood to check it out. Hopefully we'll have answers soon and mommy will be feeling more energetic before too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment