Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Matthew and I went to a New Year's Resolutions playdate. We met at Second cup, and the mommies got coffee or hot chocolate, and the babies played with their toys on mommy's lap and looked and laughed at each other. The number 1 resolution? What else: lose weight. My first resolution is similar: stop eating McDonalds! Really, we stoop to McDs way too often. I'm tired, we haven't planned dinner, and on the way home, R will pick something up. It's not healthy, and it's not the way I want to raise my son. Of course, on the way home from the playdate I picked up ... McDonalds. DOH! Eating healthy would require grocery shopping and I haven't done that yet. There's always next week.

Resolution #2. CLEAN THIS HOUSE! Too often I come home and use the kitchen table as a dumping ground. Any purchases, or junk, or mail, or whatever, just get dumped on the nearest table. This means we have to clear it every evening with a big sweep of the arm before we can eat dinner, or better yet, eat dinner out of a bowl on the couch. Not exactly how I want to live my life. So I resolve to put things away as soon as I get home, or shortly thereafter. Perhaps when Mr Man goes down for a nap. It's always a much bigger chore to clean the house when you have to declutter first. Better to clean as you go, or at least that's the theory.

Resolution #3. Put more effort into Cup of Tea Photo Cards and perhaps start making some money! Maybe even get one day (read night) off a week to work on new products and promotion. I've got ideas coming out the ying yang and I'm getting distracted so I never finish one idea before moving on to the next. Currently I'm working on Alphabet cards. I'm making two versions, a regular animal alphabet, and a Canadian one. Do you have any idea how hard it is to come up with a Canadian animal that starts with X? My biggest obstacle in resolution #3 is drumming up more business. As luck would have it, one of the moms at the playdate was an internet marketer and she offered her services FREE because she wants to help out other moms. So hopefully I can get a headstart on my most important resolution of the year. I know I'll never be able to replace my income as a teacher, but I would love to have a little extra spending money.

So, here I am, on January 6, and at least I've made resolutions. I know the ladies in my Mom group are going to help me stick to them, and we meet next month to see how we're all doing. I've made my resolutions, have you made yours?

1 comment:

  1. Good resolutions!! I'm all about boycotting McDonalds, but even I get a small coke-no ice-and small fry every few weeks. Its a weakness, what can I say! Good girl for making changes! :)

    ReplyDelete