Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Words

Matthew is slowly, but surely getting new words. He is still behind his peers, but at least he is starting to learn. I'm keeping a list of his words so when they call with the eventual speech therapy appointment, I can answer the "how many words does he know" question. It's only been 2 months and they said it's a 3-6 month wait so we could still be waiting a long time. For now, here's the list of words Matthew can say:

dah = that
up
baba = milk/drink
ho ho ho
dada
mama
jus = juice
uh oh
chz = cheese
shz = shoes
teeth
ba = bad
no no no (with finger wag and head shake)

And new this week (I guess this is his word explosion)
mumo = Elmo
bubo = shovel
nono = Gabriele's grandpa
nona = Gabriele's grandma
nana = banana
bum
bubo = shovel
tees = keys

In other news, I've been lax in keeping up with my workouts this week. Only 2 workouts this week. I have excuses. I always have excuses. Monday was Family Day and we were travelling back to the city. We were back in time for workout time but ... Tuesday I went out to see the ladies for coffee so that's my excuse there. Wednesday I was falling asleep at 7 pm so I opted out. Next week I intend on doing all 5 of my workouts. That will bring me to the end of my 30 Day Shred. At the end of that I'm going to weigh myself. I've been very good about not weighing myself so I'm curious to see if there's any change at all. I don't think there will be. My eating hasn't been great and my pants still fit the same. Whether I lose weight or not, I'll be starting from square one. I'm going back to the beginning of the 30 Day Shred video and starting over. I'll also have to be more careful with my eating. I'll try and post when my results are in. Fingers crossed for SOMETHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment