Friday, February 25, 2011

My Baby SLEPT!

I've decided to join Jenni from the blog and do Y3W (Your 3 Words) every friday! I'm horrible at updating my blog, so at least this way I'll be forced to blog at least once a week.

So my three words for this week? MY BABY SLEPT!

If you remember, we've been having trouble getting Matthew to sleep. Naps were horrible and he was up every 2 hours at night. I went back to a strict nap schedule and would start our naptime routine after he'd been awake for 1 1/2 hours and surprise surprise, naps were much easier, and some of them were even 45 mins or longer! At bedtime, we started the bedtime routine early and he was in bed most nights by 8 pm. Much better than his old 10 or 11! And if he woke up before 4 am, I would just rock him back to sleep instead of feed him. We've been doing this for almost 2 weeks and two nights this week Matthew has slept from 8-6 or 7! A few times he'd murmer in his sleep, but he would go back on his own. Last night he was up twice, but I'll take that any day over 6-8 times! I hope last night was a fluke and he's on the right track with sleeping.

I got a taste of sleep and now it's all I want! Ha! It's funny how you can get so used to no sleep that it doesn't even phase you anymore. But now that I remember what sleep feels like, I WANT MORE! Thanks for the sleep advice, it seems to be working!

1 comment: