Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Never Say Things Out Loud

I should have known that posting about our sleep success would come back to bite me. We had 2 really really good nights, but it all went downhill from there. Two nights later he was waking up in the middle of the night SCREAMING. I discovered the culprit: really hard, painful poops. Poor baby. He had no idea what was going on, but I suspect that something about peas and apples made for a bad combination. We have since stopped with the apples and substituted apricots. His poops are better, but he still isn't sleeping and he's decided he doesn't really like eating anymore either. Hmph. Last night wasn't TOO bad. He only woke up at 10:30, 3:30 and 4:30 before getting up for the day at 7:30. Hey, I'll take it. It's better than waking up every 2 hours.

As for the eating, I'm trying to change it up for him. I'm starting to give him some finger foods: bits of turkey and smushed peas. He had fun trying to put them in his mouth and was successful a few times, but he gets bored easily and gives up. So not much food is actually getting into his tummy, which I'm sure doesn't help him sleep. Today I tried a whole piece of a banana and some Cheerios. The banana was, well, messy and after a few bites (one of them a bit too big), he gave up. The Cheerios were fun and challenging and I think he ate a few, but again after a while, he was just throwing them around and playing. Still trying to figure out what the best timing is for his meal times. So here's my question to you: when do you feed your child under 1? Before milk? after milk? at the same time? Give me your best tips for getting kiddo to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment