Friday, April 9, 2010

Labour and Birth Class

We had our first "Labour and Birth" class on Wednesday. The first thing we did was go around the class to introduce ourselves. We had to say what the gender of our baby was and our class has 8 boys, 1 girl and 2 surprises! Maybe we're having a girl after all! That's my theory and I'm sticking with it. Our teacher is a nurse and mother of 5! FIVE! She's had unmedicated vaginal births, epidural births and c-sections, so lots of experience to share. We went over very general stuff and at the end we watched the infamous "birthing video". It was pretty much as I expected, but I think everyone was shocked at the delivery of the placenta. Poor R hates blood and medical procedures. He looked green throughout the entire video. We ended our session with some nice hand massages. Next week, we bring pillows and blankets so we can practice some labour techniques. I can't wait!

We're at 31 weeks and I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. I am not looking forward to the warmer weather though. As soon as it's warm, and especially if it's humid, I start swelling up like the Goodyear Blimp! And with my lung capacity beginning to diminish, breathing in humid air is a tricky proposition. In other "sad" news, it looks like my Reeses Peanut Butter Cup obsession has finally caught up to me. My last weigh in was quite the shocker! I don't exactly know where it all went, because people keep telling me I'm "all belly". Now either they're lying to me to be polite, or Baby K is growing like a weed!


No comments:

Post a Comment