Thursday, May 13, 2010

36 Weeks Down, 4 To Go?

I just had my 36 week appointment and all is well. My blood pressure was 140/90, which is "borderline", but has become "normal" for me. The doctor isn't too worried as long as it doesn't spike, but in her words "it depends on how long you go". So here's hoping it doesn't spike, or I "go" early! The baby's heartbeat looks good at 151 bpm and my belly is measuring right on track at 36 cm. I had the courage today to ask the doctor if she had any predictions on how big this baby was going to be. She said because I was still "so small", that it would probably be an average sized baby of about 7 pounds. Then when I told her how much I weighed at birth (8 lbs, 14 oz), she revised her estimate and said, "maybe this baby will be a bit bigger since you were a big baby". So we will see. She also said the head was really low, yet the bum and feet are still way up in my ribs. I'm not a short woman, so the doctor predicts a TALL baby! This ought to be fun.

I'm guessing the doctor doesn't think I'll be going into labour any time soon because she gave me the go ahead to drive up North for May 24 weekend (as long as I'm not the one driving). So don't worry Mom, I'm not going to "pop" on the drive up. I'll ask again at my appointment next week just to be sure, but it looks like travel is still an option at this point (as long as my back holds out).

So here's my "small" bump. Apparently I still "don't look pregnant from behind" and am "soooo small". Well co-workers, friends and family, I certainly "feel" pregnant and definately don't "feel" small. If anyone knows some voodoo or has friends in high places, I'd appreciate you putting in a good word for my little one to get OFF MY NERVE! Owie kid, owie!


The funniest part of my appointment today was the doctor's comment as she was leaving. I guess she saw a peak of my sandaled feet and commented "your feet are puffy". No Shit Sherlock! I've had swelling on and off since 22 weeks, but now it's getting quite rediculous! If you don't believe me, have a look at my morning photo and my afternoon photo of my feet and legs. I feel like I'm smuggling softballs in my ankles! Ha ha ha. Not so funny when your legs feel like they're about to explode! This is one of many reasons why my new routine involves coming home from work to have a nap. 4 more weeks you say! This is going to be the longest month of my life!
"Before"

"After" Ha ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment