Thursday, January 3, 2013

3 Day Potty Training Day 3

Last night I woke Matthew at 10:30 to take him to the potty. He actually peed!!! Unfortunately he wouldn't go back so easily. There was a little back and forth before I finally got him to go back. He woke up at 5 am and wanted in my bed. I checked his pants and they didn't seem wet. He didn't want to use the potty but wanted a drink so I got him one. He woke up at 6 with wet underwear, but not not wet pants, so it looks like he only had a little accident. Today I'm determined to catch him before he makes a poo. Since he's up a little early, it might be a while, but I'm watching him like a hawk. Poo on the potty is our last challenge and I hope to conquer it today.

We had one half accident just after breakfast and one successful pee on the potty after that. I was waiting and waiting for him to have to poop and after lunch it finally happened. He looked a little funny so I asked him, then we ran to the potty and he spent a few minutes working on it and SUCCESS! He made a poo on the potty! Just in time for nap. Matthew was really excited and we called his Auntie M. Then we had a successful and DRY nap. After nap, he didn't want to go pee on the potty and then he had an accident. Oops. He had a nice pee on the potty before dinner, but he kept asking for M&Ms. Kiddo likes his candy for sure.

Before bedtime, we had to go visit Oma and Opa before they went on their vacation. He had a pee in the potty before we left and stayed dry for the visit. After bath, Matthew came to say goodnight to me. I reminded him to stay dry and he said he had to go, so off he ran, all the way upstairs since we moved the potty. He MADE IT! Woot! He made one more pee before bed and put up a fuss when he told Roland to go. He settled down shortly after though.

So I guess we wake him up at night for a few more nights? I'm thinking he won't be able to make it through the night without wetting the bed. I'll probably bring back diapers for nighttime starting Monday. I think it might disrupt sleep training, but I'll reread the e-book and make a decision by Monday.

Overall I'd say day 3 was a success. And it wasn't really a true day 3 because half of day 2 was spent in a diaper at a doctor's office.  Tomorrow we'll be at home until 11:30 then I'm taking him to daycare for the afternoon.  I've already prepped his daycare provider who is excited he's using the potty. I just hope having another boy using the potty at daycare will keep him on the roll he's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment