Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 10

I tried something different when Matthew woke up at 1 am. Instead of bringing him back to bed, I simply told him "what's the matter, go back to bed sweatpea" and to my surprise, HE DID! Last night Matthew was having too much fun with Daddy outside watering the grass, so he didn't want to come in for bedtime. I dragged him in kicking and screaming and managed to tickle my way into a diaper change and pj's.  After that, Matthew was having NONE of me putting him to bed. He ran downstairs screaming "DADA". It became clear that I was not allowed to do bedtime, so Roland took over. It took a bit longer than usual, but he eventually went down at 8:30. Matthew woke up at 11 and Roland put him back to bed. When he woke up at 1 am, I told Matthew to go back to bed and surprise surprise, HE DID! He came into our room at 5:30 for morning snuggles. I may or may not get to do bedtime tonight. I have planned to go out for coffee with the ladies, so I will try to get bedtime done by 8. Tonight I'm going to tell Roland NOT to walk Matthew back to his room and only tell him to go and see what happens. Maybe this will put a stop to the middle of the night wake-ups. Fingers crossed as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment