Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 18

Last night Matthew woke up at 1. Roland tried to get him back down, but he wouldn't calm down. I went in with water and gave him a drink and he want back to sleep. At 4 am he woke up again and was crying in the hall. Again Roland tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't stop screaming. Roland gave up and came back to bed. I refused to get out of bed and told Matthew to come see me. Eventually he stopped screaming and came into the room, but I had my back turned. Matthew didn't say anything to me and I didn't say anything to him. I just ignored him and he poked me a few times, then gave up and went back to bed on his own. I think I shall try this again tonight. If Matthew really wants us, he's going to have to come get us and we will do our best to ignore him.

Tonight Roland did bedtime and everything seemed to be fine until I called Telehealth Ontario about a lump we found on Matthew's neck. They wanted me to wake him up, so I went upstairs and Roland was sitting outside the room with the door closed. I had just gotten upstairs when Matthew came out of his room smiling. What a fun game to play with Daddy! So I took Matthew downstairs and continued my assessment with Telehealth. Turns out it's probably a swollen lymph node and nothing to worry about. Thank goodness. Matthew went to bed fairly quickly after that. Here's hoping tonight goes better with less wake ups than last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment