Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 16

Night 16 my dad put him to bed. All was well until 1:30. Matthew woke up and when I went down to get him, he wasn't sitting up or standing waiting for me. He seemed to be half asleep crying. I tried to snuggle him but he kept kicking his feet. He would calm down for a few minutes, but then start crying and squirming again. I kept asking him what was wrong and I never got a straight answer. He wouldn't come in the big bed with me, he wanted to sleep in his bed, but he kept crying on and off. Finally he said his bum. I took him upstairs and changed his bum. There was no rash on it and nothing seemed to be wrong. I massaged his legs for a while and he seemed to fall asleep, but not for long. He finally said he was hungry (he didn't eat dinner, big surprise), so he ate half a muffin and that's where we are now. He's now making all sorts of excuses and soon we will head downstairs and try for bedtime again. It's 2:15 am. Sleep training fail.

I ended up sleeping in the bed downstairs with Matthew. He squirmed and got up and asked for a baba, and pulled my hair, and mucked about until 4:30 when I threatened to leave. Eventually he settled down and we both fell asleep. He woke up at 7:30 and I pawned him off on Roland and went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment