Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Well That Didn't Go So Well

Last night bedtime got pushed back late because Roland and Matthew went to Costco. So bedtime didn't get started until 8:30 and Matthew didn't fall asleep until 9:45. Fantastic. Now we wait for the first wake-up. It didn't take long. He woke up for the first time at 10:30 and Roland caved and gave him some milk. He woke up again at 11:45 and I refused to give him milk. Cue a massive 10 minute meltdown with Matthew running around drunk between our room and his. I sat in his room on the floor and waited for him to calm down and come back.  He eventually did and I gave him a hug until he calmed down and then I offered him some water.  He chugged the water and went back to sleep. But then he woke up at 3:30 and Roland put him back to bed. He woke up again at 4:30 and wanted in our bed. At this point we were both exhausted, but I refused to let him in our bed. When it was clear that he was not going to sleep in his own room, I had Roland bring the mat into our room and I told Matthew he could sleep on the floor. We'll have to wean him off this as well, but at least he's not IN our bed. When Roland got up at 5:15, so did Matthew and that's when he ended up back in bed with me for another hour until I was ready to get up. We are both exhausted. We're going to have to get tougher with him. Or maybe we'll have to call that Sleep Doula after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment