Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 5

I was able to start Matthew's bedtime routine almost on time and was ready to put Matthew into bed right at 8. Everything was going well and Matthew lay down quietly and I sat with my back against the wall right at the bedroom door. It was looking like I had it made. After 5 minutes I thought I should check to make sure he was asleep. His eyes were wide open. Darn. Then Roland started banging I don't know what and started vacuuming. Great. This woke Matthew right up. Matthew kept threatening to get out, but one stern word from Mommy kept him in his bed. But he kept tossing and turning and kicking off his blanket. So I waited. Quietly. In the dark. Until I finally heard snoring, from me! Matthew was finally asleep too. It took 45 minutes for him to fall asleep. Damn. That didn't go quiet as well as I had hoped. I'm not holding my breath for it lasting too long either. I really hope this strategy starts to pay off soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment